Marriages, Couples and Pre-marriage
Marriage counselling sessions will help clients learn and apply the essential skills necessary for a successful marriage. Our psychologists apply Christian techniques that can help couples understand and address the various issues and challenges that marriage presents. Sessions both assess and address problem areas unique to each couple, as well as identify and reinforce marital strengths. We can also offer parenting advice as part of the marriage counselling sessions.
Marriage Counselling will involve personalised sessions that will incorporate:
- An understanding of the elements of successful marriages
- Identifying problem areas in your marriage
- Developing an understanding of why marriages fail
- Develop conflict resolution skills for solvable problems and difficult problems
- Learn to create an atmosphere of appreciation and respect
- Re-instil joy, love and feeling of contentment
- CLS also offers a pre-marriage education and counselling program - see below.
Over 25 years of marital research shows that there are common elements to a successful marriage. Marital satisfaction is, to a large degree, enhanced or depleted by understanding those elements. Given that one in two marriages fail, pre-marriage counselling can provide couples with a secure base in which to begin, nurture, and sustain their relationship. Couples will learn to apply relationship enhancing behaviours, as well as learn how to avoid the common traps that lead to marital conflict and disharmony.
Having children is both exciting and difficult at times. Young people are constantly developing and present parents with new issues and at times problems that need support. Our parenting support can help address these challenges providing parents with the necessary help and information.
Counsellors can help with various issues related to parenting children and adolescents including:
- Understand the challenges of children and adolescence
- Understand the characteristics and distinct phases of adolescence and children
- Learn how to help young people flourish
- Learn positive parenting skills
- Learn how to speak to your children and how to discipline and set limits
- Learn how to deal with difficult issues - including but not limited to - anger, depression, and suicidal tendencies
To find out more about parenting support: