Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) refers to the development of various distressing symptoms following exposure to one or more traumatic events. A traumatic event involves direct exposure to actual or threatened death, serious injury or sexual violence to the self or others. PTSD is associated with high levels of social, occupational and physical disability.
SYMPTOMS THAT MAY BE TREATED WITH PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELLING:
- Onging thoughts about the trauma
- Social and family diffculties
- Less interest in life or depression
- Irritability, anger and problems with emotions
- Illusions, hallucinations, and flashbacks
- Drinking and drug related problems
Our psychologists are able to provide the necessary treatment for Post-Traumatic Stress and other trauma.
To book an appointment, or for more information, telephone (03) 9820 1223. Alternatively, fill in your details on the